We are now a Level 1 B-BBEE Company, actively supporting transformation of the workplace in terms of the South African Government’s Broad-based black economic empowerment and Transformation Initiatives. Our transformation pillar supports succession planning, gender equality, recruitment, education and training, award of bursaries for the children of our employees and preferential procurement practises.
Active transformation of the workplace is an integral part of our strategy. We believe in the upliftment and empowerment of our People and offer our support to meaningful transformation through training and development programs with emphasis on previously disadvantaged groups as well as succession planning.
We are committed to transformation of the workplace through:
- New placements are primarily focused towards previously disadvantaged individuals
- Promotions in the workplace considers previously disadvantaged groups.
- High inclusivity of previously disadvantaged groups in our training and development.
- We are a Level 1 B-BBEE Supplier.
- B-BBEE Compliance - Smiths has worked hard to ensure compliance to Government Regulations in meeting our Customer expectations of a Level 4 B-BBEE rating.
- B-BBEE Workshops held at Smiths have assisted our Suppliers by creating a better understanding of new codes as well as support in transforming their companies and improving their B-BBEE status.
Employment and Training to the deaf
Our deaf Associates are an integral part of our company. We understand that people who are deaf or hard of hearing, are no less capable than a person who can hear. Those who are hearing impaired or deaf with an interest in working at Smiths, are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org